Each Bridge Reader novel is accompanied by a Teacher’s Workbook featuring a range of activities designed to:
- check understanding and monitor levels of perception
- provide a useful tool for recapping and reinforcement in terms of following plot-line and character differentiation
- provide useful comprehension exercises that will motivate and encourage the readers to reflect on and discuss what they have read
- explore alternative viewpoints
- provide opportunities to organize and summarise information accurately
- encourage the reader to read extended text independently
- locate and selectively use additional information from external sources (e.g. library and internet).
Each Teacher’s Book/Pack is divided into worksheets that can be photocopied for individual or class work, or used as discussion prompts following each reading session. There is one worksheet for each chapter of the novels.
In Moon Chase you will find a page listing Additional Activities to accompany every THREE chapters: for Moon Crossing the Additional Activities sheets accompany every FOUR chapters.
These activities prompt creative writing activities, drawing, library/internet research, group, paired or one-to-one discussion. They are great time saving worksheets that really will stretch your students. But please don’t think these lists are exhaustive – if you have your own ideas, please go ahead… and let us know how they work out. You can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Teacher’s Workbook One is available in hard copy with a CD(MP3) disc featuring actor Matthew Gravell reading the unabridged version of Moon Chase Bridge Reader.